Australian government departments and agencies are required by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 to ensure that online information and services are accessible by people with disabilities.
For further information refer to the World Wide Web Access: Disability Discrimination Act Advisory Notes on the HREOC website.
The It's an Honour website seeks to comply with these standards and has undergone significant redesign in order to meet the Government Online standards that relate to access for people with disabilities. The site has been reviewed for compliance with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
If you encounter any problems while using of this website, or find that content is inaccessible, please tell us by contacting the Web Administrator through the Contact Us service or by writing to:
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
PO Box 6500
CANBERRA ACT 2600
As part of the redesign of this website we have consulted with Vision Australia who have tested this website for accessibility and advised us on various accessibility issues.
Certain accessibility features and tools have been made available.
- The website is expandable and can be viewed at a variety of resolutions from (800x600) to (1024x768).
- The size of the text on the website pages can be altered either through the browser settings or by stylesheet commands.
- Tab navigation is provided to links and content.
- Jump links are provided to allow you to skip repetitive content.
- A print stylesheet allows printing of page content only.
The website has been tested with several versions of commonly used browsers including Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator 4.0-7.0 , Firefox, Opera & Mozilla.Top
To aid users of text readers that read the code on each web page, every page on this site offers two jump links in the code at the top of each page.
- The first link will take you to the site's main content navigation bar.
- The second link will take you to the page content.
The general site navigation (containing FAQ, site search, subscriptions, calendar and publications) that appears at the top right of each page is easily accessed as the first set of active links on each page. For this reason, and given design constraints, no jumplink is provided to this menu.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the menu item View > Text Size, then select the size you want
- Using Netscape, go to the menu item View > Text Zoom, then select the size you want
To change the colour of the text and background your browser displays you need to find the 'Colors' option dialogue box.
- Using Internet Explorer, go to the menu item Tools > Internet Options > Colors, then uncheck Use windows colors and select the colours you prefer.
- Using Netscape, go to the menu item Edit > Preferences > Colors then select Use my chosen colors.
As far as practical, images have not been used to represent text on this website. The number of images on pages has been kept to a minimum, and those used have been optimised to shorten the loading time of each page.
Alternative text tags (Alt text) have also been used for all images on this site to convey information represented by the image and the credit and source information for the specific image.Top