Honours help define, encourage and reinforce national aspirations, ideals and standards by identifying role models. We give honours to recognise, celebrate and say thank you to those who make a difference, those who achieve their best and those who serve others.
Like nearly every other country in the world, Australia has a system of honours and awards so its citizens can be recognised for excellence, achievement or meritorious service.
In this section you will find a wealth of information covering all aspects of Australian honours including:
- details about our honours system, including its history, how awards are officially created, designed, administered, announced and presented
- all you need to know about awards, featuring A-Z listings of Australian and Imperial honours
- a chance to ‘meet’ outstanding award recipients, our Honoured Australians
- information and guidance on how to nominate/apply for awards
- the latest honours announcements and
- tools to search the Australian Honours Database which contains a comprehensive listing of award recipients.